Central Library and Medical Library - Announcement of re-opening of the libraries (as of June 4)
Both the Central Library and Medical Library are reopening from June 4.
Some library services are still temporarily unavailable due to necessary precautions against the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
We are very sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
- Please make sure to wear face masks when you come to the libraries.
- If you have a fever or cough, or if you feel unwell,
please refrain from entering the libraries.
- Library users are asked to reduce their time spent in the libraries.
- Central Library: 9:00-17:00 (Weekdays only)
- Medical Library: 8:30-17:00 (Weekdays only)
- Non-Gifu University members cannot enter the libraries according to the University's guideline.（Return dates of the books will be extended to 14 days after the library is reopened for non-Gifu University members.)
- Central Library: Presentation Room, Learning Commons A
- Medical Library: Group Study Room A, Group Study Room B
- Central library: June 18, 2020 (14 days after the libraries are reopened)
- Medical library: June 11, 2020 (7 days after the libraries are reopened)
- Central Library: 1-1, Yanagido, Gifu City,501-1193 Gifu University Library
- Medical Library: 1-1, Yanagido, Gifu City,501-1194 Gifu University Medical Library
- Central library: Period: as usual(14 days), Number: 14 books
- Medical library: Period: as usual (7 days), Number: as usual (faculties and students: 5, administrative staffs: 3)
About the Library Services from June 4, 2020
Reducing Seating Capacity
We are reducing seating capacity in the reading rooms and personal computer area in order to keep social distancing for your safety.
Facilities that cannot be used
Extending the return dates of the books
Return dates of all books borrowed after January 1, 2020 will be extended below:
Returning books by mail is also accepted. Please send to the address bellow:
If you received a message from the library that the book you put on hold was returned to the library before the temporary closure, the books will be kept at the service counter until June 11, 2020 (7 days after the libraries are reopened).
Period and number of books to be loaned
ILL(Inter library loan) ※For Gifu University members
Both requests are accepted : funded at University's expense and Private expense.
The above information may be subject to change depending on the changing situation of COVID-19.
Please access the library website for any updates whenever necessary.
Also, please note this Announcement from Gifu University concerning COVID-19.